(Worth noting that there is a more recent version available here!)
Hi all, yesterday morning I created a project based on an old blog post Upgrade Analysis Services Activity Viewer 2008 to SQL Server 2012. Over the course of the day I made a few changes that I wanted to see myself and this afternoon I have released a beta version, SQL Server Analysis Services Activity Viewer 2012 18.104.22.168, or SSASAV 2012 22.214.171.124 for short.
- Straightened up the UI
- Current queries list refreshed after query is cancelled; sometimes it takes longer for the query to cancel than the refresh to occur, so will sometimes stay on UI. Will fix in update.
- Right click the COMMAND TEXT cell allows you to copy the COMMAND TEXT to clipboard, so that you can copy and paste command to text documents or xmla /mdx windows to execute as reading long list can be awkward
- Added SESSION_LAST_COMMAND from $system.DISCOVER_SESSIONS DMV to Dormant Query Panel
- Added Copy SESSION_LAST_COMMAND to Dormant Query Panel
- Disabled Cancel/Refresh buttons on Dormant Query Panel and Current Query Panel when user has clicked refresh.
- Updated icon
Feedback here or on the Codeplex site is very much appreciated.
There is a stable version, SSASAV 2012 1.0
SSASAV 2012 is Looking for Volunteeers
I’ve got a few more ideas to add to the project, but if you have any ideas, or want to be a developer on the project, let me know and I’ll gladly consider adding you. I’m not looking for l33t devs here; anyone who has a few ideas and isn’t afraid to do a bit of Googling/Binging/Yahooing to get it done is more than welcome to contribute. Latest source code can be downloaded from: